Monday, August 20, 2012

Meeting with Fr. Allen De Guzman

We are scheduled to meet with Fr. Allen at 9am today in Caleruega. Since we arrived early, we decided to check the rooms available for our guests. I wanted to look at the twin-sharing room again to see if it can serve as my "bridal suite". There was another group of people who are planning to have their seminar on the same day as my wedding and they have already booked most of the rooms. Good thing, they did not reserve 2 family rooms and 3 twin-sharing rooms. I made reservations so they can block the available rooms for me and Richard.

All along, I thought it was a personal encounter with Fr. Allen. There were 3 other couples also scheduled to meet with him at the same time. The seminar started around 10am and ended past 12 noon. Fr. Allen walked us through the nuptial mass, wedding rites, do's and don'ts etc. It was a really informative seminar. He gave us tips on how to make our wedding day a solemn and memorable one. He also had us rehearsed the wedding vows. Now I understand why Fr. Allen is such a big hit and why he's the number 1 choice as officiating priest. For a priest, he's really really funny and loves to laugh and crack jokes alongside inspiring stories. Me and Richard never stifled a yawn while he was talking and that says a lot. He got everyone's attention for the very beginning. I am so excited to hear his homily on our wedding day. I just know that all our guests are going to love him! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment