Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Proposal

This is it! Richard finally got down on one knee and proposed! :-)

I thought this day would never come (phew). I have been hoping to get engaged since September 2010 but he never popped the question.

Richard proposed on my 27th birthday. We had a small party at our house. We invited relatives, friends and neighbors to come celebrate with us. Not only was it my birthday celebration but my sister also graduated from college. And a Magna Cum Laude no less!

Anyway, his working hours is only until 5pm and so I thought he'll be one of the guests to arrive early. It was already past 7pm and still no sign of him. I wasn't really worried because I did request him to buy ice cream. Thinking that he's still in the grocery or maybe stuck in traffic, I continued to chat with the guests.

My cousin Abi and her husband Joseph was also at the party. Joseph is one of Richard's closest buddy. And while we were eating, he kept hinting that the next celebration is coming soon. I took no notice though because guests kept coming in and I would often leave our table to greet them.

It was already past 9pm when Abi interrupted my conversation with a neighbor to pull me outside our house. She said that Richard wanted to talk to me. I was confused because he could have just talked to me inside our house. Outside, I saw him getting something inside the car. I thought it was his gift to me. Abi and Joseph were on the sidelines just watching. Then Abi pulled out her Samsung Galaxy Tab and Joseph his phone and began filming us!

Richard was just standing there, all smiles, and I sensed that he's unsure how to make the next move. He handed me a small gift bag but it was empty. Then he suddenly knelt down and took out a heart-shaped box from his pocket and showed me the most beautiful engagement ring (gasp!)



I barely heard him say "Will you marry me?" because Abi and Joseph were laughing and cheering in the background. I said "Yes!" of course and he slipped the ring into my finger :-)



Yay! We're engaged! The forecast is true after all :-)

I would also like to share the edited version of the video. Since all you can hear in the background (original file) are cheers and laughter, I replaced it with music instead. There were also 3 separate files and I decided to just put them all together. Hope you guys enjoy watching as much as I did :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment