Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wedding Preps: Gown, Invitations, Wedsite

Since May 1 is a holiday, Richard and I decided to schedule an appointment with Boy Kastner Santos. I learned about Tito Boy in W@W and read a lot of very positive reviews and feedback about him. Also, a good friend and officemate shared her experience when she visited the shop of Tito Boy in Cavite. Even before we went there, I sort of had an idea already about his personality, his style and price range :-)

We arrived past 10am and saw that he had several clients lined up. Even with his hectic schedule, Tito Boy was very accommodating. He asked for my pegs and when I showed him my portfolio he said that the styles I've picked are...well...shall we say, outdated and old-fashioned. He said it in a nice way though and I liked that about him. He's honest but not too criticizing of my taste. But he was right. I got my designs online and they're basically your typical wedding gown style. I just typed a-line wedding gown or strapless wedding gown in Google search and downloaded pictures that I liked. I just feel that the gowns featured in wedding magazines and bridal fairs are a little too much for me. I don't think I can pull off a frou-frou skirt/ruffled skirt or a heavily beaded gown.

Pegs


I asked Tito Boy if he can come up with a design for me. After studying my frame, he began to sketch my gown. When he showed the design, guess what, we loved it! :-) I think he also based the design with my pegs. He had an idea that what I wanted is a simple, classic but elegant wedding gown. He kept it simple, classic and elegant but with a modern touch. Tito Boy also suggested a champagne-colored wedding gown so that it matches our color motif of Gold and White. After discussing with us the rate for my gown and for Richard's barong, we agreed to set another meeting to firm up the details.

Next in our agenda is to check the invitations store in Alabang Town Center. I had Written in Ink (WINK) and Jay Cee Kay on my list. We couldn't find WINK in ATC but saw Jay Cee Kay. There was one design I particularly liked from the catalogue but it costs Php180/set. With 100 pieces minimum order, this will amount to Php18,000. Hmm...we'll scout for other suppliers first before deciding on the invites.

Later that afternoon, I decided to work on our wedding website.  Please click the link to check it out.

http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding/UserViewWebsiteIntro?wid=1b2848591de0d50c&pid=c04a8af37ad8ec1b&themeCode=

or type http://www.weddingwire.com/richarddiana

No comments:

Post a Comment